Proposal 1: re-designing to improve user experience when creating filtered contact views. Empower the user to complete their task faster and with a less distracting interface.
- Simplification of graphical elements to decrease the cognitive “weight” of the interface’s combination of fields, lines, lists, and blocks.
- Consolidation of ‘Actions’ in rethinking the interaction design helps diminish the cognitive load of the interface. Drop-down menus for the same family of actions lend to minimalistic aesthetic while out taking away user control and power.
- Create a new organization scheme (such as the file folder tabbing) to provide more system status changes and streamline a more contemporary aesthetic.
- Streamline visual language for icons, buttons, links, and content types.
Proposal 2: empower the user to register for events faster with a less distracting interface. Secondary portion includes a mobile mockup.
- Increasing negative space for quicker identification of information classification (i.e. Events, Dates, Times, etc.)
- Collapsing detailed information to allow users to decide whether they want to view more past critical data.
- Proposed a mobile device view to exemplify how the simplification and visual hierarchy of written content can be clearer without excessive line and block formatting.